Shilajit is an effective medicine for a number of diseases if consumed as per the instructions. Read this article to know when and how to consume Shilajit.
Shilajit is a sticky blackish or brownish substance that typically occurs in a sticky resin form found in the rocks of the Himalayas. It is known to use in ayurvedic medicines due to its positive effect on overall health and well-being. Shilajit is rich in minerals and has plenty of bioactive compounds composed mainly of fulvic and humic acid. It possesses several therapeutic properties but is majorly known for its healing properties. In this article, we will cover the benefits, how to consume Shilajit and what precautions you need to follow while using it. So, let’s begin.
Benefits of Shilajit
- Shilajit is effective in treating neuropsychiatric disorders
- According to some studies, it can also be used as an anti-anxiety agent
- It enhances the memory power as it has nootropic properties
- The daily intake of Shilajit can help in the enlargement of the abdomen
- Shilajit is used in improving the GI system, especially for patients suffering from poor digestion
- It is used in curing gastric worm disease such as Rectal Fistula GI worms
- Some of the Shilajit supplements are good for treating the kidney stone
- Shilajit has proven significantly effective in treating epilepsy
How to Consume Shilajit?
The ayurvedic dose of Shilajit varies depending on its variants, such as capsule, powder, resin, etc. Always administer supplements according to their instructions. However, if you have purchased Shilajit resin (the most potent and effective form), then take an average of 200 mg (Peanut Size) portion and mix it directly in a cup of warm water, milk, tea, or coffee. Consume it in the morning or during the day once or twice a day. Though, experts say that an adult can consume up to 300 to 500mg of Shilajit. You can also speak with your doctor before consuming Shilajit’s any variant.
Precautions While Consuming Shilajit
Although Shilajit has a number of health benefits, it’s important to avoid any Shilajit supplements in several conditions such as –
- During pregnancy as it affects breastfeeding.
- Also, the regular consumption of Shilajit makes the immune system more active, so it should consume under proper medical supervision if you are suffering from disorders like sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Shilajit supplements are not recommended for patients suffering from sickle cell anemia
The effect of Shilajit varies from person to person depending on their gender, age, and health condition. But most people start to get its results within one to two weeks. If you want to get the maximum health benefit, it’s recommended to consume Shilajit for at least two to three months.
BUY ACTIZEET SHILAJIT